Thursday, February 10, 2011

15) TransPac 2011 delivery e/m's 13

Aloha Dave & Lance,

This is to introduce the 2 of you as you both live in the Bay area.
Dave Berke, affectionately called DammitDave, sailed the 2oo9 Transpac aboard Chasch Mer & he has kindly consented to join in again. I enjoyed my time with Dave.  Lance Kim is interested in doing this years event with us.  I think Lance has a lot to offer our program & he may have questions beyond what we have reviewed.  So please talk.

If we do not have a fit, I need to know soon.

Thank you.

Aloha,
    gib

2/11/11

Lance,

I did the '07 Transpac on Chasch Mer and was unable to do the '09.

I am very confident with CM and with Gib's program and committed to the '11 TP as well as the April delivery.

Contact me if you have any questions.  If Gib is considering you as crew for the TP that says a lot.  He's a genuine hand-shake guy and I have a lot of respect for him. 


Dave

...As of a minute ago there are 44 entry's with NINE SC50s & SC52s.  That's a
nice group.

Sorry to say our start date remains the same 4/8.

Aloha,
    gib 

2/12/11

Aloha Dave,

Checking in to see if you and Lance hooked up at all.  Eric Conn met another
guy in Long Beach who sounds good and we have two more I am interviewing.
With any luck we will have the crew slots filled soon.  It is hard to 1) get
good drivers,  2) Bowman  3) Medic.

Bill tells me your friend Clive will be the forth on the delivery.  Please
ask him to contact me.  I would like to meet him and exchange information
prior to your departure.

Aloha
    gib 

Gib,

I immediately sent a hello e/m to lance but have not heard back.

I've asked Clive several times about doing the tp but he claims something about having a job.

Dammitdave

Oh!  I better let Bill know about Clive.  At this point I believe Bill is counting on him.  I'm sure Bill will follow through quickly.

Thanks for the heads up on Lance.

Aloha,
    gib

...Clive committed to the delivery and that is a done deal.  I'm trying to talk him into the transpac.

Dave

...OK, I got it wrong.  We will be fine with crew for the race.  I just like to pull everything together early.

Aloha,
     gib

No comments:

Post a Comment