Monday, March 14, 2011

34) Transpac 2011 delivery e/m's 21 : MOB

John,
Ah yes, the sailing thingy.

A week ago a friend and I went out on a rented Hunter 33' and did MOB practice.  I got him on the SC50 delivery in April and we wanted to practice MOB.  We went out on the backside of a front and the wind was in the high teens/low 20s.  One of these days we are going to break one of those plastic pieces of shit.


3/7/11 MOB practice on San Francisco Bay (YouTube link)

4 of us fly to Honolulu 4/18 to deliver SC50 hull #1 to Long Beach.  I will be doing the Transpac in July on this boat, again.  Still got that sailing bug.

As I write, I am finishing off a 22oz pale ale that is one of the best I have ever made.  I also have the last few bottles of a primo porter in the fridge.  I need to make more beer before I leave in April so I have some when I get back. 


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment