Saturday, November 26, 2005

33) West of Morocco

West of Morocco

Woke up to a beautiful sunrise and rain on the horizon.


We motored into the swells that came at us from starboard.  Our revised ETA is 1 day 21 hours.  The winds last night on my 12am-3am watch were 15+.  Lots of gusts and up to 23 on the nose.  By 3pm we had 8 knots abeam starboard but the waves had knocked down.  It had been pretty rough all morning and this was my clue to cook.  John and I had hamburger, potatoes and cheddar cheese eggs.  If any of you are keeping track this is the first real meal since the 24th.  That’s how it goes.  
We are motoring with the main and staysail and doing 7 knots.  The winds are up to
15-23, we are surfing and hitting 8.8 knots!  This feels great!  We have had some extremes on this passage.  

I ended up getting a headache yesterday that lasted until I went to bed last night at 9pm.  I think it was from lack of sleep the night before, getting up at 2:30am and staying awake on watch in the rough seas.  That was the first malaise that I had experienced since this adventure began. 

No comments:

Post a Comment