Monday, November 21, 2005

28) Gibraltar

Gibraltar 36° 09N 5°21’W

One of the best things about being in port is that you can experience some simple luxuries.  Last night I watched a couple South Park DVD episodes laying in the comfort of my bed.  I still laugh out loud at this crap.  Woke up this morning and made pancakes for John and I.  That was a nice meal to start the day.  Alan immediately got to work on something and John got to work on many things.  I had planned to go walking around today and take pictures and explore and unfortunately it was still cloudy with rain in the forecast.  I managed to get my gear together and get the hell out soon after the humming started.  John made a nice comment asking Alan what tune exactly was it.


The rain plagued me soon after I left and I kept ducking under things to wait it out.  This area was off to the side of a tiny intersection that was very busy with cars and people.  I brought along my mp3 player and was listening to an audio book (Pearl Harbor, for those who need to know). 

 

Hmm, uhm, I uh, well, I don’t know what to say.

  

Are those in the foreground what I think they are?

I bought a new car!  I bought a new car!  Holy shit is it heavy right now.  It’s too expensive to ship so I’ve decided to lighten the load.   Mmm craft brewed…


                    

Scooters are everywhere in this part of the world.  Shh, this one is sleeping.
I decided to walk to Spain.  But, I had to traverse the airport.  Yes, you walk directly across the one and only runway to go to Spain from Gibraltar.  I’m glad these signs educated me on proper runway crossing etiquette.  




Standing on Spanish soil looking at beautiful Gibraltar, and the golden arches.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment