Tuesday, February 7, 2006

104) Panama

Panama City, Panama
Balboa Yacht Club (on a mooring) 8° 56.318 N 79° 33.531 W

My final moments aboard Amor Fati went smooth and without fanfare.  The sun had set and it was eerily smooth, warm, calm and peaceful.  My bags were already packed and I was eager to go.  The water taxi was waiting at the mooring ball and helped us retrieve it.  He took Eric and his four 125’ dock lines to shore first and then came back.  Nancy and I loaded our luggage, Alan stayed on board for the night and the 3 of us went to shore.  Our agent was there and greeted us on the curb and guided us to the cab.  It was odd dragging luggage around and knowing that I was going to sleep in a real bed this night. 

     Moored at the Balboa Yacht Club, Panama City, Panama. 

We traveled approximately 6,388 miles (give or take a few) from Fiumicino, Italy to Panama City, Panama.
Balboa Yacht Club, Pacific side of the canal
Although this journey is over it is not without genuine gratitude.  Everybody involved took risk in each other and the outcome was ultimately rewarding.  Along the way I read a Dickens novel, A Tale of Two Cities, and discovered the closing line is one of his most famous oft quoted lines that I generously apply to my current thoughts.  My only hope is that there will be many more experiences of adventure to come.


It is a far far better thing that I do, than I have ever done.
                                                          Charles Dickens



PS:


























No comments:

Post a Comment