Thursday, January 20, 2011

11) TransPac 2011 delivery e/m's 9

Gib,

I got the doc and will go thru it line by line. 

Off the top of my head:

Since it can be dark and challenging sometimes, it helps when there is block-lettered black ink identifying the corners of the sails. 

Yes, the standard head/tack/clue, but also on each corner in smaller print what type of sail it is; reacher, asym, etc.  I am referring to kites. 

The type of sail should also be written on the bag.  It is very confusing to look at a pile of kites and try to remember what color bag is what kind of sail.  It would be far easier to call below and whoever is closest to the pile can find what we want with no confusion.

The identifiers also help me out tremendously as I have to check my own actions.

thanks. 

Dave,

Good comments & you're going to like the system we came up with for the last TP: every sail is marked similarly to what you propose, logged into a picture book which lists each sail, conditions for that sail, color of bag it is packed in.  Planning & executing sail changes was much easier & faster.

Aloha,
    gib


Dave,

Hey, I'd like to talk to Clive.  It doesn't look like my Chicago friend will be able to go.

Bill

Bill,

Clive's e/m is above.  He is available and wants to do the run.

1/20/11

Jan 20, 2011 07:56:15 PM
Clive,

Bill's friend dropped out. I just sent your e/m to bill.

Contact him asap to secure the deal.

Don't delay since we don't know if there are any other prospects.
1/21/11
Dave,
Talked to Bill this morning. He said I'm in (welcomed me aboard) although he wants to check one more time tonight with the guy who's dropping out. Bill seems sure he's out, but I guess wants to give him one final chance. I'll know for sure one way or another tonite/tomorrow. Will keep you posted!
Clive
1/22/11
Welcome aboard!  See you in April.  Bill

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM
Clive,

I haven't heard back from the Chicago guy, but will let you know ASAP.

Bill

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Bill,

Just arrived in NY last night. Will call you in next few hours. Look forward
to it.
Clive

Jan 20, 2011 08:02:48 PM

Clive,

I'd like to speak with you regarding the delivery of Chasch Mer in
April. Please call me. I'm available at the work number from 6:30am to 3:00pm CST.

Bill

1/23/11

Clive,

I'm going to forward all the comm I have had so far with Gib and Bill so you can get up to where we are at the moment.  There still is no fly date and I need it so I can schedule with my clients.

Some of the info is for the Transpac but still applicable. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment